To support the remarkable growth rates in Make's (formerly Integromat) user base, the Growth team created an in-app Resource Hub via Candu. The new hub drives user activation, but it also helps convert free users into paying customers. This scalable, self-serve approach is integral; it effectively supports Make’s freemium business model and the hundreds of thousands of new users that sign up year-over-year.
Prior to Candu, the Growth team relied on in-app messaging and email campaign tools to drive activation; it was tricky to communicate with their users at the right time without disrupting the user experience (UX). A desire to increase their reach and improve the in-app experience beyond flows and pop-ups led the team of Growth specialists to turn to Candu’s no-code embedded content experiences.
The team quickly turned their ideas into reality—using Candu’s user interface (UI) component builder and template library to create their Resource Hub. The new, seamless experience now directs users who complete their in-app onboarding survey into the hub. It’s a centralized, easily accessible location for key steps and resources that encourage users to get started with Make.
Overall, users who have viewed and interacted with the Resource Hub are more active within the platform compared with pre-hub new users. By analyzing the performance of their Candu content, the Growth team has iterated on the hub experience a number of times. By introducing different UI components—such as an onboarding checklist and relevant personalized content based on industry—they’ve further improved activation rates.
Charged with improving conversation rates alongside activation, the Growth team recently launched another Candu experiment: in-app upsell banners that prompt Free users to upgrade to a higher tier, paid plan. This subtle, non-disruptive method has proven some initial traction, and it’s something the team will continue to experiment on over time.
Resource Hub Highlights
- “Learn the Basics” checklist—details the top 5 quick steps a user needs to take to be activated. Short videos are embedded within each step so users don’t have to leave the Make platform to ramp up their knowledge.
- Workflow template tutorials highlight the most common industry use cases, and prompt users to set up best practice workflows.
- “Keep Learning More” checklist—features video tutorials, encouraging continued product adoption and helping users become embedded within the Make platform.
- FAQ toggle list makes information more accessible and reduces support tickets.
- Prompt cards highlight ways to get additional support from Make, such as joining their Community, connecting with an integration partner, or reaching out to their support team.
To create an experience similar to Make’s, check out pre-built Candu templates to the right. You can easily customize and use to get up and running quickly.