Leave no customer behind.
Candu is the first native web builder. With Candu, you can create and embed user experiences that your customers will love into the products you already have. With easy-to-customize UI templates and a drag & drop editor, Candu empowers you to onboard and engage your users — no coding required.
Candu. Now you can.
We just raised a large seed round from top tier Bay Area investors and we are looking for a world class backend engineer. You'd be one of the first backend developers and you will play a key role in establishing our engineering culture.
We are currently working with top tier SaaS clients, and we need your help to make a product that is intuitive, delightful, and empowering.
Your first 6 months
Here's what you'll do in your first 6 months:
- Gain empathy for our customers and their users.
- Play a pivotal role in defining and executing our MVP.
- Ship proof of concepts with early customers
- Own Candu's infrastructure and manage our AWS account and infrastructure
- Define and create both internal- and customer-facing APIs
- Make critical engineering decisions that will have lasting impact on Candu's engineering team
- Continually improve our customers' experience through experimentation, analysis, user research, and collaboration with our design and engineering team
- Participate in the hiring process for key roles in Candu
- Act as a leader at Candu and help set the strategic direction for our company. Be a key part in shaping our company culture
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience
- Deep knowledge of modern web infrastructure, AWS preferred
- Empathy for our customers and the problems they face
- A self-starter who is willing to experiment and learn fast
- Passion for our mission
- Scala/Play framework experience is highly appreciated, as well as extensive AWS experience
- Experience working in EdTech and/or B2B SaaS
- Experience mentoring engineers and scaling an engineering organization
- Experience at an early-stage startup or in a rapidly growing business
— Contact [email protected] to apply —