Candu: Leave no customer behind
Candu enables SaaS onboarding on autopilot.
As products mature and expand, users can easily become overwhelmed. With Candu’s Editor, teams can build personalized onboarding experiences with embeddable UI components.
Candu syncs with your style guides and product analytic suite -- so you can test and learn what drives first time user activation.
Under the hood, Candu’s algorithms are learning what nudges turns users into lifelong customers.
We just raised a large seed round from top tier Bay Area investors and we are looking for amazing backend engineer. You'd be one of the first backend developers and you will play a key role in establishing our engineering culture.
We are currently working with several top tier SaaS businesses to define our initial product to make customer onboarding 10x more effective.
Your first 6 months
Here's what you'll do in your first 6 months:
- Gain empathy for our customers and their users.
- Play a pivotal role in defining and executing our MVP.
- Define & Maintain critical data engineering infrastructure (Elasticsearch, Kinesis, EDW - Redshift & more)
- Create the foundations for our data products, including developing our analytics and data science products.
- Make critical engineering decisions that will have lasting impact on Candu's engineering and data science team
- Help shape and define both internal and external APIs that will underpin the product and scale as our customer base grows.
- Ensure the reliability of our services and infrastructure so that we can meet our SLAs
- Participate in the hiring process for key roles in Candu
- Act as a leader at Candu and help set the strategic direction for our company. Be a key part in shaping our company culture
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience
- Deep knowledge of modern web infrastructure, AWS preferred
- Empathy for our customers and the problems they face
- A self-starter who is willing to experiment and learn fast
- Passion for our mission
- Scala/Play framework experience is highly appreciated, as well as extensive AWS experience
- Experience working in EdTech and/or B2B SaaS
- Experience mentoring engineers and scaling an engineering organization
- Experience at an early-stage startup or in a rapidly growing business
Why you shouldn't take this job
- Learnings will need to come from doing, rather than from institutional knowledge or more experienced employees
- We are still figuring things out as we go, and we often don't have the answer to every question. Individuals who need lots of guidance and direction will not be able to have a high impact in this role.
- There is a lot of risk in an early-stage company!